European Dream - Alizée - Rêve Européen Alizee Nation: Alizee the artist vs. entertainer

Pages

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Search

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Alizee the artist vs. entertainer

I have heard Alizee refer to herself as an artist and it made me think of artist vs. entertainer. As the last of the Tour of Mexico winds up tonight I have to say I really liked what I saw. It looked fun. I appreciate the changes and the efforts made to not only have us appreciate Alizee's artistic talents but to entertain us. I can not help but think of Russel Crowe in Gladiator when he turns to the crowd and shouts 'are you not entertained'. We have a tendency to demand to be entertained no matter what it does or requires of the performer.

Artist are a curious group, I am not sure of the long term results if entertainment becomes the only thing we demand of them. Imagine if DaVinci was on tour. Every night the audience would demand he paint the same painting, Mona Lisa, over and over and do it while entertaining us. It may be a bit of an over exaggeration but the point holds true. I think he would stop. He needed to paint, sculpt, write, invent...not just held to one thing that his fans think he should be.

Alizee thank you for entertaining me with your artistic talents on this current Mexican Tour. I enjoy a new song when introduced, Sounds of Silence, and other songs reintroduced as remixes for a new sound.

I have been entertained.

Alizee Nation

0 comments:

 

3-column blogger templates(available in 4 different styles)