European Dream - Alizée - Rêve Européen Alizee Nation: Alizee - I miss the dance

Pages

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Search

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Alizee - I miss the dance

In my opinion I generally have preferred Alizee's live performance vs her videos. Not every time but generally. I think that is a bit unusual, most major artist have that killer video and the live performance has a tough time keeping up with all the choreography, special effects and the perfect studio recording. With Alizee her live performances have been special.

In regards to Alizee's latest concerts what I miss is the dance. This IS the performer that World of Warcraft took her dance moves and incorporated them into their video game! Where have those moves gone? I would like to see more choreography mixed in to the latest mix. Not every song, just a few songs worth. That is all I am looking for.

I understand and support the family choice and seeing her less.
The few and far between concerts...hey who does not want to see more Alizee but I will take what I can get.
But the performances that do come about, please more dance, more choreography!
We saw some a few months ago when Alizee sang Madonna's Hung Up on French television and teased us. More please.

Fans recognize her moves and emulate them. One of the things I get a kick out of are the fans during the Youpidou performance, check it out...

What are they doing! It's the dance from J'ai Pas Vingt Ans! More Alizee dance moves.

Here is a short clip of Alizee doing it


And come on, guys too, you know you did this move in your kitchen while making breakfast.


I love the new look, the songs are great but, but, the moves, the dance, the choreography...if you dance, they will come!

Alizee Nation

3 comments:

RadioactiveMan said...

I think that the fan footage for the DVD was probably just cut in there. That is likely one of the more subtle signs that the DVD isn't made of footage from a single concert. Remember the scenes where the guitars changed from one clip to the next?

Unknown said...

It is a great technical point on the video Radioactiveman. But help me out with the post gamma guy, I need to show fans doing the dance. Up and atom.

Anonymous said...

I suspect that the lack of choreography in the Psychédélices tour is likely just a factor of time and money--no choreography means not having to pay a choreographer or background dancers, or lease rehersal space, or having to spend hours in dance rehersal on top of whatever voice rehersal she was doing.

Plus, complicated choreography and singing live don't tend to mix very well--look at how winded she gets during the JPVA encore in En Concert, for example, and the toll it takes on her vocal performance as a result. (There's a reason why it's not included on the CD.)

It is an awful shame, though--not only because she's such a great dancer, but because she so clearly wants to dance while she's performing, and appears to be holding herself back.

 

3-column blogger templates(available in 4 different styles)