European Dream - Alizée - Rêve Européen Alizee Nation: Driving in France

Pages

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Search

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Driving in France

Since a friend wants to borrow the book 'French or foe?' this may be the last story from it in a while. So let's make it something on the lighter side.

This is an experience from the author Polly Platt.

"After 25 years, Paris still had surprises for me when, one evening, I put on my blinker to make a left turn into my house. This happens to be opposite the Prime Minister's official residence, when there is at least on policeman on guard in front of his entrance. That evening there were three. I saw that there was a car behind me, but as I had given him plenty of warning with my blinker, I proceeded to turn left - and almost crashed into him. He had decided to pass me anyway. It was a close shave.

Instantly, while I trembled in shock, the three policeman ran over to us, blowing their whistles. I assumed they were going to reprimand the other driver for his outrageous behavior. Not at all. The went straight for me and demanded my car papers.

'But - but - I had my blinker on!" I stammered. "Didn't you see it?"
'Yes, you had your blinker on - but you didn't wait for the car behind you to pass!" As I stared at him, he added angrily, "It's foreigners like you who cause the accidents in France - you don't know what the French are likely to do!" "

I think we can all agree with that last statement in regards to one French female!

Alizee Nation

0 comments:

 

3-column blogger templates(available in 4 different styles)