European Dream - Alizée - Rêve Européen Alizee Nation: Alizee - two groups of fans

Pages

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Search

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Alizee - two groups of fans

There appear to be two distinct groups of Alizee fans out in the world.

Group 1: The group I consider myself in. We actually like Alizee, we like the way she sings, her personality is just fascinating. We enjoy both the old and the new songs. We thought her appearance in Mexico last weekend was stylishly sexy. We enjoy her boldness in her willingness to change hairstyles.

Group 2: The majority by far by the way. Let's see, how should I put this...waaaaa, where are her short skirts, we want to see the little sailor outfit, sing all your old songs... keep your hair the same way forever.

When she was taking her 3 year break I was wondering...how is she going to be able to transform herself from this Lolita image to a viable star.
The Group 2's were wondering, gee, can she wear the little sailor outfit till she is 50.

Group 2's are almost shocked that she just played a role that Mylene Farmer created. Group 2's, here is a hint: James Gandolfini only played a role named Tony Soprano, he is not in the mafia in real life and...the show ended. Now he moves on. You can still love that character but James Gandolfini will be moving on too.

I think that if Alizee stayed with Mylene Farmer that Mylene could have turned that Lolita corner for her. But it just may not have gone in a direction Alizee was comfortable with. I did not say wrong, I said uncomfortable with.
For example, Mylene

This just may not be what she had in mind for now.

If you could help me out. Do you have any idea just how long you are going to keep talking about the little sailor outfit and such. A couple of months, a year?
I guess never.

Here's another hint for you: Miley Cyrus will not play Hanna Montana forever. But if you are a Group 2 Alizee fan...you do want her to play it forever. That's crazy.

And one last thing. Stop looking for a crisis in Alizee's life. Just enjoy her. Let's put away the jump to conclusion mat.



Sexy!!!

Alizee Nation

5 comments:

Ruroshen said...

Heh. There are two types of people in the world: those who divide everybody into two types of people, and those who don't. ;)

The problem as I see it lies within the three years out of the public eye. Lili grew up, charted her own path, and evolved. But her fans weren't there to see the evolution. They (and I say "they" because I didn't become a fan until well into the Psych era) didn't get to witness the hundred or so baby steps she took to get from there to here....so when she finally did resurface, it didn't seem so much like an evolution as a complete reinvention. Everything about her seemed different. And for some of the faithful, for whom her MCE image was frozen like a fly in amber during the long wait, that was tough to swallow. Not having been included in the journey, they took a look around at the destination and wondered "Where the hell are we, and how did we get here?"

You can't blame some of them for also wondering "...and how do we get back? I mean, I LIKED it there!"

And let's be honest: even for those of us in the first group, it's hard not to be at least a little wistful for the sailor suit... ;)

I'm just sayin', is all.

tom said...

Bon Soir!

I completely understand what you are saying "aw", a majority of the fans still do hang on to that Lolita image, and it is hard to see someone change so much and go in such a different direction. With that being said, all her fans including myself care about Alizee and always will and that is why some of us, like me are a bit concerned.

Its not that I want short skirts and the good'ol lolita days, to me what is so different is the image and the music. Maybe I am the only one, but this kind of darker presentation in her appearance and even in her tone and music is what I kind of don't see the point of.

Of course I would love to see her back, at least with her old band from the concert days. I dont know why she stopped touring with them, I am sure they all moved on in different directions. Its hard to follow whats been going on these past few years so i am in the dark a bit. But one thing I know, the music that she created back in the day was first of all French! upbeat and just amazing. That is what really drew me in, now it looks like she is moving in a diff direction, why cant she still produce great french hits, more adult but still in that tone, like Mylene Farmer, etc.

Maybe she is trying to capture a larger audience, so I bet she will turn to hip-hop and all pop kind of songs, and totally away from the French style which was so unique at least to me. This is what is so concerning, I dont want to see Alizee become another Britney... that would suck!... I hope this is not so, but we will have to wait till her next album.

These are just my concerns thats all.

Merci

Ruroshen said...

Tom, can I ask you to clarify what you mean by "darker"?

Certainly there's some darkness and strangeness to Psychédélices--Mademoiselle Juliette and the title track come to mind, and even Fifty-Sixty is a bit of a tragedy, (albeit a poppy, uptempo one)--but Alizée's public persona is as sunny and upbeat as it's ever been. Maybe she's dressing more conservatively now (although I think that's more perception than fact), and isn't quite as "flirty" as she was in her teens...but even as late as at Aguascalientes, she was laughing onstage and bellowing to the crowd "EVERYBODY STAND UP!!" (Which totally harkened back to En Concert for me!)

Also, it's not like darkness and strangeness were totally absent from her time with Mylene, either. "Hey Amigo!" is a downright twisted song, for example... ;)

Unknown said...

? Hey Amigo is one of my favorites.

Whew, it's tough holding the company line here. I may have to ask for a raise.

Ruroshen said...

Oh, it's a great song, don't get me wrong...but have you looked at the lyrics lately?

 

3-column blogger templates(available in 4 different styles)