European Dream - Alizée - Rêve Européen Alizee Nation: The Hitcherhiker's Guide to the Alizee Galaxy

Pages

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Search

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Hitcherhiker's Guide to the Alizee Galaxy

We have been jumping all over the Alizee Galaxy lately. A post here and there, most just for fun and then me hitching a ride on great reader comments.

I am enjoying logging on and reading the blog comments lately. I just need to open up multiple tabs first. One set on Wikipedia, another on an online dictionary, and one on a search engine. I need to have my references ready for these 'Deep Thought' comments that have me scurrying to keep up.

In referring to Manga and Alizee reader Problematic said "Actually Alizée has been a nearly perfect archetype of the Japanese pop idol since she broke on the scene. A strong connection is natural."

I just loved that "nearly perfect archetype" comment. I am keeping that in the back of my mind for later. Just hope it doesn't get lost back there.

Ruroshen helped us define Manga and Anime. Oh yeah let us not forget Ruro's typing lesson last week for adding accent aigu, hit 'alt 90210' or something like that, dude. Ruro also included Roman from Alizee America for his Alizee translation where Alizee is using the word "informatics"! Now Alizee has me running to the reference tabs!!

I thought a simple trip to the other side the Alizee Galaxy would be nice, just a pic or two of Alizee laying down during a song. But wait! don't shut down those extra tabs yet. Ruro jumps in with "fan service" from the geek world and tells me to look it up. So I put on my glasses with the fake nose and mustache, after all I am going into geek world and there we find it, "fan service".

Ruro then finishes up with a word, well, it looked like a word. A real copy and paster, not one that you want to type on purpose, at least not most of us. For the benefit of our non English readers I want to see if Google or for our purposes here, Deep Thought, can translate that accumulation of letters. Nope, and if Deep Thought can't translate it, it must not be a word but if Ruro wants to use it he can. But the one thing that we can agree on is the number 5060, it is the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything!

But what is the question?

See you around the Alizee Galaxy

Alizee Nation

2 comments:

Ruroshen said...

Don't panic. I'm mostly harmless.

Heh, it took me a moment to think of what word you were talking about. I'm guessing you meant 'non sequitur'? (It doesn't help that I spelled it wrong last time!)

Anyway, 'non sequitur', according to The Guide:

noun
1. a reply that has no relevance to what preceded it
2. (logic) a conclusion that does not follow from the premises

Given that I replied to a very cute picture of Lili lying down on the job with a bunch of random facts and opinions, I thought it apropos. ;)

And the alt code you're looking for for the 'é' is alt 0233!

Oh, and speaking of non sequiturs, my copy of French or Foe? arrived today! Looking forward to digging into it. Thanks again for the recommendation!

Unknown said...

Ha! It's been great. Hopefully I was not the only one learning something as it 'relates' to Alizee.

French or Foe, lots of cute stories. Some swear by it, others say not that accurate. But you do walk away with an overall understanding that there are differences in cultures.

I do understand that it is not always up to the fans to bridge that gap...

Oh come on, am I the only one here wondering that big, that gigantic, that overwhelming question...in this Ruroshen line "according to The Guide". Whoa, The Guide...in caps. There's a "Guide" out there and here I am floundering on my own. I need a Guide. Always wanted a guide. Where do I find this Guide. Maybe it's a cultural difference! Perhaps a Canadian dictionary, a Guide for words like 'eh' and under 'milk container' there is a picture of a bag. Perhaps, hmmm.

I'm just a knucklehead for Alizee having a little fun. All in jest my friends.

 

3-column blogger templates(available in 4 different styles)