European Dream - Alizée - Rêve Européen Alizee Nation: Alizee Nation - recap

Pages

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Search

Friday, June 19, 2009

Alizee Nation - recap

Normally I try to keep it related to anything but me, but what the heck.
Started out the week redoing a whole new blog layout. The previous layout had become slow, over packed with items and...infected. Time to look for a new layout. The previous one I took a standard two column format and tweaked the code to make it a three column and added and added and added. This time I looked for a 'pre made' simple format. But can I conform to the less is more theory? I will try to make use of more links and not everything plus the kitchen sink on one page. We shall see.

As I gradually added to the blog layout a new development occurred, my laptop crashed. I thought I fixed it with running a repair but...that only put it on life support. It appeared I lost everything but with some persistence I was able to bring back all the files and save them, at least all I could remember to save. How to save them...I could not do with an online back up, it would not allow me. A trip to the local discount store for computer junk food I discovered a 4GB flash drive for $10, I'll take two. Saving on the flash drive the computer did let me do.

Now to do a clean install...with the CD spinning and hard drive working the laptop kept overheating and shutting down, even with a laptop fan under it. After wasting much time and continuing to shut down time after time I came up with a new idea. I let it cool down, I hustled it along to the formatting portion, then I put it in the refrigerator. Yeah, you read that right. The refrigerator kicked on almost immediately. After the format portion was finished I had to keep opening the door to answer questions as the install went along. The bottom line...it worked!!!

Now it's the slow process of downloading or installing all the programs I need. You know, Adobe Acrobat, Office, FLV player, Itunes, antivirus...and on and on...

Back to over loading the blog site! :)
Thanks for listening

Alizee Nation

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should blow the dirt out of your laptop - that generally helps cool things down.

WT

Computer problem said...

there are many reason why your laptop overheats. Frequent crashes and freezes are two major symptoms that you’re Laptop or Desktop is overheating. Check this resource i found on the net.

Computer Problem: Computer Overheating

 

3-column blogger templates(available in 4 different styles)