European Dream - Alizée - Rêve Européen Alizee Nation: Alizée, Vinyl and Ears

Pages

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Search

Friday, February 5, 2010

Alizée, Vinyl and Ears

wt had asked in a previous post:
"Why is Alizee covering her ears with her hands? Or is that just another clue to the story? And why include "vinyls" in the preorder special? I got rid of my record player 20 years ago. Maybe the included book will explain it all."

Lets start with the vinyl...Madonna said it best in a word "Vogue". The prevailing fashion, practice, or style. It is the latest trend. Yesterday at a coffee shop they were playing vinyl LP's! I inquired on why they were doing this....or was it because she was attractive....no matter...it's the latest thing they told me. They all have some vinyl and they bring them in and play them in the coffee shop. (side note: yes I did share the news of Alizée and her latest boxed set)

Here is a very good Time Magazine article on the subject. The title is "Vinyl Gets Its Groove Back".

Now the next question is....do you play them? It's a collectors set. Do you even open it?
Your Barbies, Ken's, G.I. Joe's and yes....dare I say it..you Star War figures (smh) are worth more if they were never opened.

So, ...are you going to open yours???? Inquiring minds want to know.

So, collectors boxed set, vinyl...it's all the rage.

Now on to your first question. ""Why is Alizee covering her ears with her hands?"
Well that goes back to my post Apple and Mac tattoo's - iAlizée? no? where I made a comment about her showing too much ear in some of her pics...so....she decided to cover them up for fun on the album cover...
"pause"......
"pause"........
"pause"..........
what? you don't think that's it? really?

Alizee Nation

4 comments:

Alizée South Africa said...

omg .. I sometimes think we are cut from the same cloth, i was also chuckling about the ear thing when I saw it ..

now, yes vinyl is definately in vogue, sales figures are on the up http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_7550/is_20091023/ai_n39351544/

if you can recall a while ago, I was also looking for a player, I have not yet gone the whole hog but i will soon! what attracts me to vinyl is the ritual of placing it on the turntable, watching the needle hit the groove and then the music coming through the speakers. we lost that whole ritual with the arrival of the iPod with 1000's of mp3's at your fingertips.

you also only need to look at the producers on this album to see there is a very deep seated love for vinyl in that group, it's only logical then

wt said...

Thanks for answering my question, aw, keeps me up to date in this crazy world. I suppose there is some romance to the old way of doing things in this modern age - but I really prefer my wall thermostat, running water and high speed internet.

wt said...

Oh, the light comes on - the push comes from the recording companies and artists - you can't copy vinyls in a hard drive and a digital copy of the vinyl would be inferior to the original vinyl. Plus vinyls wear out.

Unknown said...

wt: you just need a turn table with a USB port.
click here

Yes, AlizeeSouthAfrica and I had this vinyl conversation in early December and talked about turntables with USB ports to copy vinyl.

AlizeeSouthAfrica perhaps we need to verify our parents whereabouts 9 months prior to our birthdays.

 

3-column blogger templates(available in 4 different styles)