European Dream - Alizée - Rêve Européen Alizee Nation: Moi... WHAT

Pages

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Search

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Moi... WHAT

Moi... WHAT or horizontal integration of songs.

It's mid summer and mid holiday season in the Northern Hemisphere. It is also low season for the Alizée re-posting business since there is not much to repost.

But I always try and give you something... finding cities Alizée has mentioned in songs to a video showing a number of fan sites. (except it is blocked in Germany) I enjoy seeing all the different photos that are used. Still some old school ones but also many of the newer ones. It surprised me how many of the feather in the hair ones that were used, saw one of the urban sombrero pics, and a lot of the everyday normal ones.

Now what?

Warning, the follow may contain mild adult humor...

Second Warning, if you are a part of the Alizée is an Angel group... you know who you are, you are aware that Alizée has a child but lean towards the virgin birth theory... yeah you, the ones in denial, you may want to skip this one.

Alizée... if I am speaking out of turn here and you want to uphold the virgin birth theory, I will allow a rebuttal, but I am guessing you will not want to.

With that out of the way... The upcoming new album in 2012. A back to her roots effort is how it is being presented so far. Something we all look forward to.

I am thinking we can do some sequel songs, tell me what you think. Sequels to earlier songs. Think of it as a horizontal integration song.

UEDS was a vertical integrated album of songs. All the songs pertaining to the subject were on one album, telling a story. Just like the "Histoire de Melody Nelson".

Now on a horizontally integrated song the story continues but on a separate and later album. I am making this concept up as I go, how am I doing?

So... what the hell am I talking about...

This album will continue some of the story lines on previous albums. Remember a lot of the older songs actually were a story.

So let's start.

"I'm not Thirty" a continuation of "I'm not Twenty" and this time we will have 2 1/2 years to perform it! I think that would be the appropriate amount of time to utilize it, don't you?

"Lui ou toi" we can continue that story line with... "Only Him" or a more comical "Him Again?" sorry Jeremy, just joking, but... you know we have not seen you much since this whole honey moon started... that can't be all bad :). Well... unless.... well... that new place has a dungeon and... well... "SHE" does wear a lot of leather.... moving on....

"Mon Maquis" could be "My streets of Paris"

"J'en ai marre!" would be "J'en ai marre II!" a whole new list of things she is fed up with, schooling system, air travel, Alizee Nation.... wait, what....

Now we need that big anchor song!
The follow up to "Moi... Lolita" and that would be "Moi... MILF"
"C'est pas ma faute" gets a whole new set of legs...
Sing that one Julien Doré.

Movies have sequels, why can't songs? Horizontal musical integration. Of course you know we were just being silly here. :) right?

Alizee Nation

2 comments:

wt said...

Add to the "fed up" list: record companies; promoters; working for free; most men; fans; paparazzi; etc; etc.

Anonymous said...

I like the general idea of horizontal integration, just not so sure about these instances...
Still, I can appreciate humor.

 

3-column blogger templates(available in 4 different styles)