European Dream - Alizée - Rêve Européen Alizee Nation: Excusez-moi de vous déranger, Alizee. J'ai un problème

Pages

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Search

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Excusez-moi de vous déranger, Alizee. J'ai un problème

Alizee, pourriez-vous nous aider à devenir de meilleurs fans?

Thank you for putting up with all the wordy posts. I tried to represent, shall we say the extreme point of view regarding Alizee. I do realize everything Alizee does is not always right and the fans not always wrong. But as a fan I hope it does stop and make you think and as for Alizee, possibly a second of self reflection.

Am I disappointed regarding the recent concert cancellation? Of course. More songs, more Alizee, more pictures, more everything.
From the business side securing a venue for future concerts will include some uncomfortable conversations I'm sure. Fans could be reluctant to travel. I understand all the implications. Was it good for the Alizee business? I didn't help.

My thoughts:
Wisteria Song. Do you think Wisteria Song could be used for more releases, other artist?

A new album would be wonderful. But there are so many things still sitting on the shelf. Lilly Town for one. The popularity of Veni Vedi Vici always amazes me, why not do something more with it? Are we saving songs for something?

Commercials? Why not more endorsements. Shoes, hair, make up? Don't need the money? More exposure means less privacy so not interested?

Are movies still something Alizee would like to do?

Are small venues OK? I think it's fine, can even be more fun more personal. Is this an issue?

I would love to ask these questions, I don't think they are too personal and would just love to know what direction "we" are going. I think "we" do know, it's just that "we" are only family and close personal friends. I understand...but...

Alizee Nation

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts on your thoughts... :p

Absolutely, I'd like to see Wisteria Song work towards producing more than just Lili...but having produced only one album between them (and one that didn't exactly light the world on fire, at that), Alizée and Jerémy likely have to get a bit more experience under their collective belt before they can branch out. That said, it would be very, very interesting to see them mentor a young up-and-comer in much the same way Mylene and Laruent mentored Lili, in a 'the student becomes the master' kind of way...

While I do lament that there were some amazing songs on the past albums (especially Lilly Town, Decollage and PLP on Psych) that didn't get the exposure they deserved, it's sadly unlikely that we'll see anything more done with them. Particularly in the case of V3, which is a song from the MF/LB era from which she's clearly trying to distance herself from. It's too bad, I agree, but at the same time, one can't blame her for wanting to charge ahead rather than look back.

Endorsements are a tricky business. It's tough to get them when you're not on the 'A' list...and even then, especially if you're not on the 'A' list, it can actually appear that you're doing them out of desperation, either to remain relevant, or simply because you need the money...which can actually do further damage to your cachet in the industry. It's a complicated issue...

Performing smaller shows at more intimate venues are definitely something I'd live to see Lili do--something similar to what Yelle did with their C'est Amerique! tour--but I'm unsure about the economics of it. I've read where artists actually recoup most of their money on tour, rather than through alcum sales. Sure it would be a great experience, both for Lili and the fans, but does it make sense financially? There's also the potential blow to her cachet to consider again...if she scales back, she runs the risk of the media labelling her a 'has been'. Again, it's a complicated issue...

Lots of food for thought here, aw. Keep it coming!

 

3-column blogger templates(available in 4 different styles)