European Dream - Alizée - Rêve Européen Alizee Nation: Alizee to Stephen King

Pages

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Search

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Alizee to Stephen King

The three major factors with Alizee are:
 Music
 Looks
 Personality

Alizee fans appear to differ by which of the three you list as first. I ask not which of the three received your initial attention, but after that, which of the three keeps you interested in Alizee?

For me it is Personality. Looks and Music are great extras, do not get me wrong, but I just can not wait to see what happens next. The attitude is something I admire as you can notice by my posts. That is why there is no bandwagon for me to jump off of while others admiring more “Looks” and more “Music” grow frustrated.

There is no ‘wrong’ way to be a fan. This is just a notation that there are different types of fans. C’est OK.

Reading various forums I note that there are fans that mention ‘getting to know her’. They refer to her personality, it is good to know I am not alone. I do wonder how aware Alizee is of this, that people do admire her for herself?

There is no doubt that her career started off on “the look” and the music was based on a fabricated persona. It worked. Now in the second part of her career I sometimes wonder if she is actually trying to shed the original fan that was based on that fabricated persona. Does it make her question herself? Was it only the persona that people loved? Now. every appearance is scrutinized, every outfit, every note she sings, every hair on her head…

I had some thoughts bouncing around in my head and had this crazy notion.
You may have noticed some April March videos on the web site. Obviously April March is not her real name. A pseudonym. Of course I would think that was interesting.

Moving some things around I came across some books, the Bachman Books. These were a set of books published by the famous ‘horror’ author Stephen King. He published them under the pseudonym Richard Bachman. Fake photo and all on the book jacket.
King stated that Bachman was an attempt to make sense out of his career and try to answer the question of whether his success was due to talent or luck. He says he deliberately released the Bachman novels with as little marketing presence as possible and did his best to "load the dice against" Bachman. King concludes that he has yet to find an answer to the "talent versus luck" question. The Bachman book Thinner sold 28,000 copies during its initial run--and then ten times as many when it was revealed that Bachman was, in fact, King. (wikipedia)

And I got to thinking…I wonder if Alizee would ever release a song under a pseudonym? Pull a Bachman.

Back to reality…

Alizee Nation

0 comments:

 

3-column blogger templates(available in 4 different styles)