European Dream - Alizée - Rêve Européen Alizee Nation: Alizée's aspirations

Pages

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Search

Friday, June 4, 2010

Alizée's aspirations

I was listening to an interview of Katy Perry, she said...after a short break it was time to be a pop star again.

Pop Star...that's it isn't it. Nothing at all wrong with it if that is what you strive to be.

Then others say they don't want to be pop stars
Check out this article about Miley Cyrus
"Miley Cyrus can't believe she's making mainstream music for a living -- because she listens to "zero pop music."

The "Hannah Montana" star has strong country roots through her "Achy Breaky Heart" hit maker dad, Billy Ray, and despite releasing three pop-orientated records to date, the star is not a fan of the genre.

And Cyrus insists she would have branded herself a "sellout" if she had known the direction her career would take when she was younger.

She tells Billboard magazine, "I listen to zero pop music, which is really weird for someone who makes pop music. My 13-year-old self would have beaten up my 17-year-old self because she would be like, 'You're a sellout!'"

However, the singer refuses to believe her songs are as "super shallow" as her pop contemporaries.

She adds, "But that's not what it is. It's not dance music that's just about, 'Ooh, I'm in the club and everyone's looking at me'. It means something. I'm not just sitting here trying to sell glitz and glamour ... because no one lives that life. A lot of pop songs are super shallow, but this music isn't."


Alizée is now doing the same type of music that she enjoys listening to. From the RFI Musique interview..."Today, I listen to my latest album on my iPod, in my car. It’s the first time I’ve done that in the ten years of my career"

But it's not easy..."Une enfant du siècle is still a pop album. The Alizée “brand” is popular and I don’t want to lose that. I found it more interesting to blend the two worlds, without having to change my voice. I wanted to break down that silly idea of the mainstream on one side and the elite trendy stuff on the other"

You have to admire Alizée's aspirations.

Alizee Nation

0 comments:

 

3-column blogger templates(available in 4 different styles)