European Dream - Alizée - Rêve Européen Alizee Nation: Google Adwords and Alizée

Pages

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Search

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Google Adwords and Alizée

Let's include Microsoft Ads (Yahoo and Bing) and Facebook Ads.

Have you ever noticed the lack of these in the music industry. So I thought I would use one of my Google Adword accounts and start a campaign. I would use keywords Alizee, Jacotey...

A couple hours old here are the first results...


Sometimes the information from Google is speculative at best.
I had to bump the cost per click up to $1 USD, frankly that is expensive. I normally see 15 to 30 cents per click. The information provided tells me Alizee is seldom used and they suggested to get listed for Jacotey to bump it up to $1 USD. Frankly that makes no sense, but with GoogleAds sometime you need to let it settle in.

Let's move on. So for instance, you type in Jacotey in Google and now you get this...


You can see Alizee now showing on the right hand side. Of course I made it to click through to this site. AND I will suspend that ad program as soon as I publish so I do not have all of you clicking on it and costing me $1 USD per cleck... :)

Are you familiar with what is called the Google "L", it is where the pay per clicks can show up. For example I type in "airline"

The area boxed in red is the Google "L", where paid ads show up.

So why no paid advertising for Alizee, Alizee Store, Une Enfant Du Siecle???

Any other product utilizes the internet and paid advertising. It would be unheard of not to consider it. If you want to sell a widget today you would be making a big mistake not to have some type of campaign.

The old saying is: If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a noise. Don't be that tree, bring some people into the forest via ALL means available.

Having some interviews in magazines... is that it?
How many people that bought the album Une Enfant du Siecle subscribe to any of those magazines. How many people that bought the album (and also did not buy the album) searched the internet for "Alizee". An AD taking them directly to the album or directly to the Alizee Store would really help. I am not putting the magazines down at all, I am just saying why stop there? No, I am actually saying... why stop there!

Google Adwords, Microsoft Adwords, Facebook Ads....

Alizée, I heard you talk about branding last spring. I was happy to hear that but... where do "we" stand on that. Don't forget you have a whole army of people that just want to help. Forums, blogs and twitter accounts galore. We are just waiting to be led.

...and hire someone, don't make be do the google adwords for you when the store opens.

Alizee Nation

0 comments:

 

3-column blogger templates(available in 4 different styles)