European Dream - Alizée - Rêve Européen Alizee Nation: Alizee 101 - Happy Accident

Pages

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Search

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Alizee 101 - Happy Accident


Something that comes up now and again is the spelling of the song Veni Vedi Vici.

That song is always at the top of the searches that find this humble site. It somehow has popularity and power that is rarely talked about. I would certainly like to see Alizee reintroduce it. But the question I get is why do I spell it Veni Vidi Vici or that I am spelling it wrong. The controversy is the I or E as the second letter in...the second word shall we say.

Yes, the song spells it VEDI.
I have referenced this song various times in posts.
Here is the post of September 2008
I only use VIDI in my part of the post, I let VEDI stand in any reference that is used.
Again on the post of November 13, 2008
I use VIDI and let all references stand at VEDI.

So why did I choose to post the "I"? One word, marketing.
Wikipedia uses VIDI. Let us just say it is the Anglo version. Here at Alizee Nation I try to introduce as many new fans to Alizee as I can, it is Alizee 101. I use post titles that may pop up on someones search in hopes they stumble across Alizee, creating a Happy Accident. I decided VIDI would attract more Happy Accidents. If the reader wants to move on to more sophisticated sites to find the drummers middle name they may and that would be great. For here, it is a matter of getting Alizee noticed. For example, maybe, just maybe someone just now found this by searching for the movie 'Happy Accident'. Working the six degrees of separation my friend, that's all.

There really is some method to the madness.

So...yes the song is titled Veni Vedi Vici on your cd but I wonder how many became aware of Alizee through the use of Vidi?
Again, why is it VEDI, oh we did not say did we...anybody, anybody...Beuller?

Alizee Nation

0 comments:

 

3-column blogger templates(available in 4 different styles)