European Dream - Alizée - Rêve Européen Alizee Nation: Alizee - MSN Entertainment Poll

Pages

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Search

Friday, February 13, 2009

Alizee - MSN Entertainment Poll

This MSN Entertainment Poll is a bit intriguing to me. I participate in polls and such more then most, do my part but not a fanatic about it. This poll has a bit of a twist that caught my attention.

The twist is, it is a percentage poll and you can vote people "out". It is not the number of votes that count. That explains how people shoot up from nowhere and then drop like a rock.

For Example. Person A may have 1000 total votes, 600 'in', 400 'out' for 60%. Person B has only 100 total votes but 65 'in' and 35 'out' for 65% and jumps up the scale. Then some 'out' votes roll in, due to the low total vote count it does not take many votes to influence the percentage and thus drops like a rock.

It falls into that category of the figures don't like but liars can figure. I must assume that they require a minimal amount of total votes to qualify but please, no assume lectures, when you assume you make an ass out of u and me, ass-u-me. Can you imagine having an election where you can vote against someone? and the percentage would win. An interesting twist.

On the voting. Is it real? I am not sure. In the beginning, and that reminds me, when does it end??? In the beginning you could easily change Alizee's percentage. Due to the increasing total for her it is getting harder and harder to move that percentage.

What I have found...I set up a macro (a program that repeats your keystrokes) to vote for Alizee to see what would happen. Yesterday I ran it twice, I would be away from my computer and let it run. It ran twice for 2,000 votes both times. Total of 4,000 votes. Alizee went from 70% to 72%. That is all! Is it counting each vote...I think so. An interesting note in between running the macro. After the first run of 2,000 Alizee went from 70% to 71%, as I was playing around with it, throwing in a couple of manual votes...it dropped back to 70%...what? I quickly started voting thinking it was right on that percentage point and I could quickly get it back. I could not. That seemed a bit odd to me. So knowing I would be off the computer for a while I then set up the second run of 2,000 and it ended up back at 72%.

Some have questioned the validity of the poll, well I have my reservations about it also. Will it be ongoing or have an end date, I could not find that.

But it sure was interesting to me, a poll where you can cast a negative vote and percentage wins. Can you imagine having 60,000 votes and losing to someone that has 6,000 votes. What do I know...but numbers are fun for me.

This weekend is the NBA All Star Game. You could vote for players to start. You could vote early, you could vote often but you could not vote a player out, you could only vote them in.

I wonder if this is a culture difference thing....

Alizee Nation

0 comments:

 

3-column blogger templates(available in 4 different styles)