European Dream - Alizée - Rêve Européen Alizee Nation: Alizee - Manga

Pages

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Search

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Alizee - Manga

Alizee and Manga have been mentioned before. I was just reading some posts on Alizee Mexico regarding the JPOP relationship. It was interesting, I never really thought of it that way, not even sure if I can connect those dots but interesting still.

Here is one Q&A from and early interview. It mentions Manga and she even gets a kick out of it.

Q:After Europe, It's countries from Asia which are won over by Alizéemania. What did they find in you?
A:It's a all new adventure! They find that I have a Manga look.. Is it the case? (Enormous laughs .. Alizée is wearing in a total punk look, glamour attitude). At the end of September, I was in Singapore, Taiwan and Honk-Kong. Presently "'ai pas 20 ans" is Number 1 in those countries. But the country where I'm the most famous is Germany. I have a big fan club there, they were here every night in l'Olympia with banners. They have the same age as me, 20's, they are very fanatics : When I go in the German websites, I don't believe it! Because they know more things than me! (Laughs)

And then we have 'Fifty-Sixty' where the Manga is now being included in the video. Because she likes it? For artistic purposes? To create a bigger umbrella of appeal? All of the above?

Alizee Nation

3 comments:

Problematic said...

Actually Alizée has been a nearly perfect archetype of the Japanese pop idol since she broke on the scene. A strong connection is natural.

Ruroshen said...

Forgive me for being a pedantic geek, but technically manga refers to printed comic books, while animé refers to animation...which is often based on manga, or vice-versa, further complicating the issue. ;)

Anyway, here's an exceprt from a more recent interview (Instant Mag2) in which she again mentions her love for both. Shes's definitely a fan. (Translation courtesy of Roman from Alizée Forum/Alizée America.)

"If you became a star in Japan, it's also because the country suits you. You care particularly for mangas and the new technologies, no?

Yes, I am passionate about informatics [computerized stuff] and Japanese animations. I've always liked them and when I disembarked for Tokyo, having three hours in fifteen days for shopping (note: that sucks) it was necessary to choose between clothes, mangas and gadgets. I was in front of a sort of Eurodisney times a thousand! I like the manga "Doctor Slump", a Japanese comic (ie: from Akira Toriyama) not so well known in France. Other than that, I've seen all the "Sailor Moon", "Dragon Ball" and "Nicky Larson". One does not start over. I am a girl of the 80s and of the Dorothée generation (note: apparently referring to the tv show Club Dorothée).

Unknown said...

Well then...from a simple manga comment...
Problematic sent me scurrying through the net looking up "archetype of the Japanese pop idol". It was fun and I learned a little bit too. OK, I can see what you are saying.

Ruroshen, our "pedantic geek", helped define animé vs. manga, and if we are going to talk about it let's not just bunch it all together and get it right. He's right...and hey...HEY, watch what you say, he maybe a pedantic geek...but he is our pedantic geek!

Also ruro added more Alizee quotes on the subject. Thanks on that, enjoyed it.

Alizee Mexico is not letting me into the forums right now, but as soon as I can I will try and find that thread. Anyone that finds it first, please feel free and post it.

 

3-column blogger templates(available in 4 different styles)