European Dream - Alizée - Rêve Européen Alizee Nation: Alizee - boho-chic

Pages

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Search

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Alizee - boho-chic

Here we are one year ago...

The reason I am going back here is a fashion story. Back in October 2008 I referred to Alizee's outfit as 'baba cool'. French for hippy or flower child. Tied into the whole 5060 flower power thing...I thought.

But...here is another conspiracy theory thread for you to follow through with me and see what you think...
oh no, here we go again... pay attention my dear Watson
I want to say one word to you. Just one word. boho
well a hyphenated word, boho-chic
geez I really blew that line from "The Graduate"

Using Wikipedia as a source, lets peel this onion.
"Boho" is an abbreviation of bohemianism. Chic, French to mean style.
The boho look, is owed much to the hippie styles of the late 1960s. It can take various looks, there is, boho-rock, boho-gothic, French bobo's...
It may include "floaty" skirts, cropped jackets, embroidered tunics...
Sheepskin ("Ugg") boots (do you remember the MJ she did in Uggs? If you know where it is at, link it in a comment) and cowboy boots (just recently at Aguacaliente)
Footless tights or "leggings"
you see it, floaty dress almost tunic type and footless tights.

So...
Who is considered a leader in boho fashion...Sienna Miller.
Its adherents were sometimes referred to as "Siennas"
"Miller herself, who claimed later that her boho look was not very original - "I think I'd just come back from travelling or something" - had adopted other styles of dress and her shorter, bobbed hairstyle – ironically a feature of bohemian fashion in the quarter century before World War II – helped to define a new trend in 2006. She was quoted in Vogue as saying "no more boho chic ... I feel less hippie. I just don't want to wear anything floaty or coin-belty ever again. No more gilets ...". Even so, in 2007, Miller reflected that.

Yeah that's right you read it, bobbed hair style!

And this Sienna Miller if it does not ring a bell...Sienna Miller's appearance as 1960s "starlet" Edie Sedgwick in the film Factory Girl positioned her once more as a bohemian style icon.

ohhhhhhhhhh, Edie Sedgwick, the story behind the 5060 song and supposedly who the new album will be about....Edie the originator of leotards under the dress...Alizee don't make me work so hard at this!!! Give me a hint once in a while, and you never say a word. It's all tying together now. Not a mention anywhere on Alizee's style, in any publication. Well there is now.

So am I on the right track Alizee? I will settle for the equivalent of an Anna Wintour nod.

Maybe the next album will be called boho-chic.

Quick update 6/28/2009
I had to find the video that she was just so boho in
long and poor quality, but check out the fashion statement...Uggs, leggings, cropped jacket, floaty dress...



Alizee you're busted. Guilty - boho chic

Alizee Nation

0 comments:

 

3-column blogger templates(available in 4 different styles)