European Dream - Alizée - Rêve Européen Alizee Nation: Coachella 2010 - prep for last day

Pages

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Search

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Coachella 2010 - prep for last day

I want to thank everyone for putting up with this brief break here at Alizee Nation. Today is the last day of the Coachella Festival and we will be back posting pictures of Alizée's eye's, ear's, nose, and feet before you know it.

So what is Coachella? It started in 1999 and has been primarily for indie type acts. It is held in Indio, California. Starting last year the dates were moved forward...some say to avoid 100 degree F days others say to make room for more concerts... Next week is a similar country and western flavor festival called the Stagecoach Festival. Rumors abound about a 3rd Festival next year...R&B, HipHop...maybe nothing.

It is held on the "Polo Grounds". It is outside. 5 stages are setup with acts going on all 5 all day. Three are under tent (huge tents) two are open air. Sound systems are AWESOME. When you see there are 30 acts..you can not see all thirty...two maybe playing at the same time on different stages. You have to plan. then decide are you ok where you are or fight my way to the front.

The area is HUGE. They say 80,000 people there. It's all grass. There is no seating. There are no walkways. There is little shade. If you want to sit down you just plop on the grass where you are standing. I see no lawn chairs...it's a young crowd, they don't carry chairs. Dress code is...well there is no dress code. My favorite so far...just pasties...I wanted so bad to take a pic but even I didn't want to ask and I couldn't sneak a pic in. It's amazing how small they can make jean shorts.

When the sun goes down it's as if people come out of the ground. You are suddenly surrounded by people...everywhere. There are no lights and since there are no walkways you just kind of make your way though. People come from everywhere. I met some from Ireland, they won a contest from Guiness..I think.

It is an advantage to be on stage when the sun first sets...just seems to be a stimulator.

Now the strategy. Who do you want to see and where are you going to be happy seeing them. For instance tonight. Priority for me today is Phoenix. (Outdoor theater, 2nd biggest) start at 7:10PM. Previous act on that stage is Jonsi 5:55 to 6:45. Now I want at the front for Phoenix, how am I going to do that??? I don't know yet. Charlotte Gainsbourg is playing over at the Gobi tent 5:40 to 6:30...Leave that at 6 and start fighting my way up to the front of Outdoor theather? I just do not know if I can accomplish what I want to accomplish. It's a push shove mentality...I can just hope for the best or don't catch Charlotte???

Because...don't you all want me to scream "Ninja J Rabbit" during sound check if one of our favorite Twitterers is there on keyboards? LOL

So there you go... a little more insight
L.A. Times

Where are you Alizée? It could have been fun. Two hours from the Mexican border...you would have fans here.

Alizee Nation

0 comments:

 

3-column blogger templates(available in 4 different styles)