European Dream - Alizée - Rêve Européen Alizee Nation: Frenchglish

Pages

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Lyonnet

Alizee Search

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Frenchglish

I read a description for Les Collines as being frenchglish. That surprised me. I am not sure I agree with that description. Frenchglish is usually used to describe someone mixing languages within sentences, or for words that have jumped from one language to another. For example, Hello mon ami. Or words as Cul de sac in English or the hated email in French.

So inserting an English line in a French song, or a French line in an English song? Perhaps....why not...I will not fight it...C'est la vie...There, like that, that's frenchglish!


P.S. Did you know: Frenchglish has no wikipedia listing. Wow.

Alizee Nation

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"P.S. Did you know: Frenchglish has no wikipedia listing. Wow."

It actually does, just not under 'Frenchglish'. The more common term for what you're describing (at least here in Canada, anyway) is Franglais.

Unknown said...

Very well mon ami.
Always thinking in terms of Frenchglish and Spanglish I did not think that the French would have their version of the word...Franglias. Now I wonder if there is a Spanish version of Spanglish?

Nope I'm not looking....
and who says insomnia is a bad thing...

 

3-column blogger templates(available in 4 different styles)